REA has developed a new strategic plan for the period 2016/17-2020/21.
The Authority will thereafter undertake the electrification of the remaining public and households to facilitate the achievement of the Government target of universal access by 2020
The strategic objectives to be achieved under this plan are to:
- Develop and promote renewable energy sources;
- Increase electricity connectivity;
- Establish strategic partnerships with stakeholders;
- Strengthen institutional capacity development; and
- Achieve financial sustainability.